meta data for this page
General principles for problem solving
- Most of the times your network connection works right away, so let's get started
- You cannot always read this site if you have problems with your internet connection.
- You might get online with some other terminal equipment (mobile phone etc.)
- In the Rentukka learning space and the Kortepohja library, there are computers with which you can search for more information about your problem.
- A neighbour or an acquaintance who lives in a Soihtu apartment could help you with solving the problem in many ways:
- Ask them if they have similar problems.
- Try to use your own computer in their apartment’s network or ask them to try their computer in your apartment’s network.
- Your problem might be caused by a temporary problem elsewhere.
- Soihtu broadband network communications run through the university network. In the university network, recurring and acute maintenance work is often underway. Also check the service bulletins of the university network: https://www.jyu.fi/digipalvelut/en/news/
- If your connection has suddenly shut down or worsened, wait for a few minutes and try again.
- Tell the IT support about your problem through the Ask IT form.